Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

J.J BARNES - DAY TRIPPER


As if the original fab four version wasn't great enough, along came J.J with his incredible backing band to cut another equally stellar version of this cut. One can only hope that the Beatles, being massive soul/r&b fans themselves, got to hear this version and felt a sense of validation.

from 1966...

J.J BARNES - DAY TRIPPER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I usually hate Beatles covers but this one is great. In fact, you nearly always post great stuff. I currently have "Hey Joyce" by Lou Courtney going through my head. Keep it up - you have a great blog. I listen to absolutely everything you post.