Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, March 2, 2009

CHRIS BARTLEY - I'LL TAKE THE BLAME


Born in either 1947 or 1949 depending on the source of info, Chris Bartley began singing doo wop in Harlem at a very young age and formed his first group in 1959. He was later picked up by genius producer Van McCoy and released a string of superb singles in the late 60's and all but retired around 1971.

This is actually the b-side to a cover version of "Baby I'm Yours" (made famous by Barbara Lewis) which is simply OK; although producer McCoy was usually very clever in realising hit potential, I truly think he missed the mark on relegating this track to a b-side, as it is very catchy and in my opinion had great hit potential.

from 1968...

CHRIS BARTLEY - I'LL TAKE THE BLAME

No comments: