Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

THE IMPRESSIONS - MY DECEIVING HEART


Here I am, sitting here wondering what today's post was gonna be and I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday's Major Lance posting. Then it brought me to how underrated Chicago soul can be when held within the likes of Detroit and Memphis.

While it would be impossible to play favorites, so many of the records that move me the most were made by that incredible ring of Chi town folks that included Curtis Mayfield, Syl Johnson, Gene Chandler and all of the many artists the above produced or spawned.

So here's a beautiful, late period Impressions track from right around the time Curtis Mayfield went solo.

from 1969...

THE IMPRESSIONS - MY DECEIVING HEART

3 comments:

Liam Latrine said...

Nice sound that I haven't heard before. Thanks.

ana-b said...

what a beautiful song!...

ya know, the Impressions have never been a favorite of mine...a little bit too smooth for me..

but i just played this one three times in a row..

talk about a hook...this song has one of the monster variety...

ok, four times in a row.....and counting..

thanks..

Anonymous said...

Great song - I particularly loved Curtis Mayfield's guitar work.