Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

MAJOR LANCE - SOMETIMES I WONDER


I know, I know...I just featured a Major Lance song recently...Lance was one of those people who I could feature once a week! So many great singles, and on this track the backing vocals of Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions are loud and strong. Lyrically, this is a very interesting song as well. Another Chicago gem.

from 1964...

MAJOR LANCE - SOMETIMES I WONDER

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love the grossly underrated work of Major Lance. Just goes to show what a fickle business is music. The difference between a hit or a miss, was not always the degree of talent.

Regards,
IAN in Oz.

Liam Latrine said...

What a pedigree for a song and as with such songs had they been a hit, would we now treasure them as much as we do? I wonder.

Thanks Derek.

ana-b said...

never, ever, apologize for playing Major Lance..this song just went into my permanent replay list....

i'm intensely irritated that the next song in my iTunes library is, Lets Do The Kangaroo, by the Majorettes..[a jarring change to say the least]...

Liam has a point, but i think it's only true if one is pretentious jerk...a good song is a good song...

lately, i've been playing the hell out of Mr. Big Stuff, by Jean Knight...as i recall, it hit no.2 on the charts...

ana..