Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Somethin' for the weekend


Hey all-

I DJ'd some sets at a party last week, and I recorded them on my trusty little Zoom recorder and have them available for download! Set one is LONG and may take a little while to download but be patient. As usual, no post production, editing or tricks.

Yes, the custom cake features my girlfriend, Angeline, and her friend Rebecca dancing on top.

SET 1

tracks:
Run For Cover- The Dells
Soul Time- Shirley Ellis
Friday Night- Steve Mancha
You Just Don't Know- Chubby Checker
Baby Reconsider- Leon Haywood
Do The Skin- Kennard Gardner
Going To A Go Go- The Miracles
Puppet On A String- Gino Washington
Seven Day Fool- Etta James
Push Push- The Empires
Never Let Your Love Run Cold- The Vontastics
Ramblin Gamblin Man- Bob Seger
Lookin' At You- MC5
My Baby Likes To Boogaloo- Don Gardner
Landslide- Tony Clarke
C'mon Sock It To Me- Syl Johnson
A Lover And A Friend- Eddie Bo & Inez Cheatham
Midnight To Six Man- The Pretty Things
I'm A Good Woman- Barbara Lynn
Blowing Up My Mind- The Exciters
Honest To Goodness- The Diplomats
Bernadette- The Four Tops
Mellow Feeling- Barbara Lynn
Touch My Heart- The Vonettes
I Can Do It- The Autographs
I Got The Feelin'- James Brown
You Can't Go- Lonnie Lester
Heartbeat- Gloria Jones
I Spy For The FBI- Jamo Thomas
I Got A Stomach Ache- Junior Wells

SET 2
:

Pickin' Up Sticks- Kasnat Katz Fighter Squadron
Hold On- The O'Jays
Needle In A Haystack- The Velvelettes
Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)- Chris Clark
Competition Ain't Nothin'- Little Carl Carlton
I Can't Stop You- The Performers
Shhhhhh (For A Little While)- James Brown
Don't Play- Joe Tex
I'm Shakin'- Little Willie John
There Was A Time- Gene Chandler

2 comments:

Matt Berlyant said...

I don't know if you know this already, but I got to meet Chubby Checker last week after the screening of Wages of Spin, a new documentary about Dick Clark and the early days of American Bandstand. Anyway, Chubby's in the movie and was there to hand out his "Checker Bars" (chocolate candy bars). He's a Philly native and I found out the next day that he lives in a suburb about 45 minutes outside of here. Anyway, neither me nor my wife have opened ours. All I said to him was "hi" after he handed me the candy bar. He's a tall man (as tall as I am and I'm 6'2") and the hair adds another few inches at least!

Derek See said...

That's GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing, Matt!