Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS - LEVITATION


Quite possibly my favorite thing they ever; this cut sums up everything that made the Elevators such an incredible force; Roky Erickson's otherworldly vocals, Stacy Sutherlands reverb-drenched blues dipped in acid guitar stylings, and Tommy Hall's bizarre jug blowing. Not to mention a rhythym section that knew how to get the party moving.

This was one of those 45's that I had been outbid on so many times for so many years that it never seemed like I'd be able to score a copy. Thankfully, I recently did and it's never gonna leave my collection.

from 1967...

THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS - LEVITATION

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wild record Derek! Thanks for posting it.

ebay hunting can be awfully frustrating, but very rewarding when your patience pays off...

Anonymous said...

A brilliant track! W.

Anonymous said...

This tune is boss, Derek. As ever, your taste is impeccable. Thanks for posting. Stuck in India on a work trip that's been extended, my daily 45 download is what I look forward to the most, keeps me sane!! Thanks.

Derek See said...

Aww thanks for your kind words about my taste. It doesn't bother me when I lose out on ebay; I guess I figure that if I win em all, all the time, eventually I'll run out of records to collect!

BJG said...

This record is just mind-blowing. Thanks so much for sharing! Now I'm going to try and hunt down a copy for myself on e-bay! :-)

Unknown said...

I was at a concert on Super Bowl Sunday, and somehow the topic of parental visitation came up even though none of us was a parent. All I could think of the rest of the night was: "I've Got Visitation!" Thanks, I think.

Anonymous said...

I've got one of these that I picked up at a garage sale, but mine lists the song as 'Ive Got Levitation'

Any backstory on the different titles?