Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SMALL FACES - ALL OR NOTHING b/w UNDERSTANDING


Absolutely ace top sounds double sider from one of the UK's finest. From the brilliant songwriting or Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane to Marriott's incredibly soulful vocals to the groups always propulsive, intense playing, the Small Faces are one of history's most underrated groups.

from 1966...

SMALL FACES - ALL OR NOTHING

7 comments:

uptownjen said...

First heard "All or Nothing" on a great, long out of print Rhino CD collection called, simply, British Invasion. It was my first exposure to the Small Faces, a group I now really like. Derek, are Small Faces/Faces 45's easy to find in Europe?

Jason C said...

Wow!! I honestly believe they did not have a single dud side. I will have those LaLaLa's from Understanding stuck in my head all day. :-)

Derek See said...

Jen, with the exception of Itchycoo Park which was a huge hit in the US, European pressings of Small Faces 45's are much easier to obtain. This one especially is tricky to find, although it isn't a huge dollar record. Just another example of priceless music, affordable record! Jason, you are correct!

YankeeBoy said...

Interesting. I never saw that 45 before and had no idea they were on RCA.

Jeff Stanzler said...

Nice find, Derek. I once had a regular issue of this (that I thought was on Immediate) but I haven't heard it in a loooong time. Keep those treasures coming!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing both sides of this 45. I really enjoy hearing the vinyl rip of these tunes. Thank you!

Rockin' Jeff said...

BIG fan of Steve Mariott. Onw of the greatest voices of the 60's. He'da sounded good reading the side of a cereal box...