Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

THE FASCINATIONS - I'M IN LOVE


An absolutely glorious Curtis Mayfield production!

It would be very easy to think "ahh yes, another girl group record about being in love with a special boy", and dismiss this record, right? But this side has so many unexpected twists and turns and a mesmerizing chorus that it turns what could be a mundane song into a thing of wonder. And let's not forget those always killer Chicago soul beats.

from 1967...

THE FASCINATIONS - I'M IN LOVE

3 comments:

wilfofhove said...

Yet more brilliant stuff.
Looking back over Derek's last ten uploads, I'm tempted to suggest that this is his most golden run. Then again, the man has yet to upload anything less than sublime.
This is the first site I turn to of a morning once my first cuppa has brewed. Never disappoints, always astonishes.
The man's taste is nowt less than impeccable.
Gawd bless you, sir. And a million thanks.
JWW

Derek See said...

You are too kind, my friend. Such kind words help keep me going and I hope I don't disappoint in the future. Cheers to you!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Wilfofhove. Thanks for spinning the excellent discs for us.