Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CAROL ANDERSON - HOLDING ON


This Detroit record has so much of the raw-but-sophisticated Chicago sound of the late 60's/ early 70's I would have pegged it as Chi-town for sure if it didn't say Detroit on the label. Carol Anderson was definitely a Detroit based singer who recorded quite a few records before her sad, untimely death in 1984. Although there was a CD compilation released which (I think) features all of her known recordings, not much is known about her at all. I don't even know what year this was released, but I'm taking a guess by the sound and also the fact that the label points out that it's mono (many 45's were being pressed in stereo by 1970, unfortunately. I could go into a tirade about how stereo 45's ruined the magic of 45 RPM, but I'll save that for sometime after I've had a few pints and really, no one wants to listen anyhow!)

But back to this record; a superb vocal delivery and an absolutely lovely musical arrangement make for yet another forgotten single full of magic. And, of course, if you know any more info please don't hesitate to write.

from c1971...

CAROL ANDERSON - HOLDING ON

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice find. Great tune. Thank you!

dimman said...

Very nice! thanks a lot from Sweden.