Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

THE ENDEAVORS - I KNOW YOU DON'T WANT ME


A friend/ list member turned me on to this one; I'd never heard it before and he sent it to me as one he thought I'd like. I like it indeed and couldn't believe I hadn't heard it before!

I can't seem to find any info about this group, or even if they released any other records. Oddly enough, they recorded for country musician/ producer's label Stop records out of Nashville.

whatever the story of the group is, the story in the grooves is an intense one; the vocals are incredible and the arrangement is unique with that unusual, cooled out breakdown part that builds the song to an explosive ending. Hot stuff!

Once again, I'm guessing at the year.

from c1969...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are out of Boston, Mass, my home town & did a few other records on the Empire State & Gambit labels. I remember seeing them way back when.

Unknown said...

Amazing! I love the opening vocals on this one. Thank you!