Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Monday, July 25, 2011

THE EXPLOSIONS - HIP DROP pt1


Since I haven't been able to post in a few days due to non-agreeable, archaic wi-fi (isn't it a funny irony that I use modern technology to present low tech music from a low tech medium? A medium which also ALWAYS works, by the way), it's only fair that I throw down an all-out, ass shaking classic, right?

Here's Eddie Bo at his finest. 'Nuff said. If you don't know Bo you're new around here. He's one of the most incredible artists to come out of the incredible city of New Orleans (see, in order to saty within the legality of "fair use" I need to present some sort of critique or history in my post)

Feel free to correct me about the year. I'm running on very little sleep and this afternoon is a blur filled with two planes, a wild ride from the airport and a mad dash to hit 4 record stores in Toulouse before closing time, so trying to figure out the exact year of release is low on my list of priorities :-)

from c1968...

THE EXPLOSIONS - HIP DROP pt1

3 comments:

DaveO said...

Nice one Derek.. You can't go wrong with Eddie Bo! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I've always seen the year listed as 1970, but Eddie Bo's record info around that time is a little fuzzy.

Jan said...

A beautiful number. Thanks.