Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

WARM SOUNDS - ANGELINE




Since tomorrow is the day that my Angeline & I tie the knot, this is the perfect opportunity to post this charming song in tribute to her. I often think about how fortunate I am to have a lady in my life that understands who I am, and supports my eccentricities (such as record fanaticism).

We're throwing a reception tomorrow night that some of my good pals (and myself) who DJ will be spinning the music, so it's gonna be a gas, gas, gas.

As for the Warm Sounds? They were a UK duo (Barry Husband and Danny Gerrard) who sang the harmonies and both played guitar. They released one single each on two of England's most important labels (Immediate and Deram). Husband later went on to be part of Donovan's Open Road band.



(Angeline & Derek)

from 1967...

WARM SOUNDS - ANGELINE


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derek, a big congratulations to you and Angeline for tomorrow. The best of luck to both of you, hope it's a great day.

And, many thanks for all the wonderful music, and the blog. Keep it up, we look forward to a new musical 'gem' everyday!

A grateful, London-based fan!

Alex

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Best of luck.

Cheers

Davey

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek,

I've been following your blog for some time now and really enjoy the music and background stories. I usually never comment, but I have to congratulate you on your wedding day: Wishing you and Angeline the very best. Cheers

Milo, Amsterdam

Todd said...

Overdue but hearty congratulations, Derek!